Selling your tenanted property on Isle of Wight
Are you a landlord with a buy-to-let residential property on the Isle of Wight that you’re looking to sell? LandlordBuyer are professional property buyers, and we make fast, cash offers on:
- Rented properties
- Properties with sitting tenants
- Properties with tenants in arrears
- Properties with poor EPC ratings
- Properties needing repairs
- Properties with short leases
With no estate agent fees, no solicitor fees, and no clearance costs, we make the buy-to-let selling process on the Isle of Wight stress-free and certain, especially for landlords who don’t live on the island.
Sell your Isle of Wight-based property
The Isle of Wight is known as the UK’s ‘sunshine island’ and can be accessed from the mainland by both passenger and car ferries, as well as by hovercraft. In just over 2 hours, travellers can leave London and arrive on the island to enjoy miles of sandy coastline, tourist attractions and a gentler way of life.
Analysis of Government figures in 2021 found 1 in 20 homes on the Isle of Wight were either vacant or classed as a second home. Additionally, Isle of Wight council tax records show a 44% increase in the number of properties registered as holiday lets for business rate purposes since May 2019.
The majority of sales on the Isle Of Wight during the last 12 months were detached properties, selling for an average price of £580,701. Semi-detached properties sold for an average of £334,703, with terraced properties fetching £274,280. Overall, sold prices on the Isle of Wight over the last year were 11% up on the previous year, and 19% up on the 2020 peak of £314,072.*
- Detached houses on the Isle of Wight currently have an average sold price of £440,745.**
- Semi-detached houses on the Isle of Wight currently have an average sold price of £300,284.**
- Terraced houses on the Isle of Wight currently have an average sold price of £235,850.**
- Flats on the Isle of Wight currently have an average sold price of £157,037.**
*Source: Rightmove June 2023
Fast buy-to-let sale key features on the Isle of Wight
- Cash paid fast
- It's completely confidential, there are no for sale or sold boards and tenants need not be disturbed
- Your property can be sold as seen – warts and all, and even with tenants in situ
- We aim to be the fastest and most reliable house buyer in the Buy to Let sector
- Absolutely no fees
- We pay your legal costs
- No agents fees
- You choose the timetable
- We pay for an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate)
- We can assist with clearing properties, if required
- No chains
How long does it usually take to sell a property on the Isle of Wight?
According to the latest figures produced by home.co.uk, the most common property types on the Isle of Wight are remaining unsold for increasing amounts of time. It’s taking 12 more days to sell a detached property in June 2023, compared to June 2022; 22 more days to sell a semi-detached home and 39 more days to sell a terraced property.
These timescales can be considerably shortened when you sell to LandlordBuyer. As a professional cash buyer, we can make a fast offer within hours of a landlord getting in touch. When we buy a property from a landlord, exchange happens in an average of 29 days and completion can take place in as little as a week, if required.
We buy all types of vacant and rented property
LandlordBuyer will make a cash offer on buy-to-lets in any condition and with any length of lease.
Contact us for a no obligation offer.
Isle of Wight housing fast facts
- The island had 59 Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) as of April 2023. The highest concentration was in Newport (13), followed by Ryde (12) and 19 split between the ‘Bay’ area of Sandown, Lake and Shanklin.
- Properties on the Isle of Wight had an overall average price of £375,280 over the last year, according to Rightmove.
- Four-bedroom homes on the island are spending the longest time on the market unsold – 155 days – which is an increase in duration of 60% in a year.
We buy property throughout the Isle of Wight including buying rental properties in Shanklin, Cowes, Ningwood, Ventnor, Sandown, Yarmouth, Godshill, Appuldurcombe, Ryde, Newport, Whippingham and Bembridge.
Contact us for a no obligation offer.